produced a new record of almost $400 million in classic and collector car sales. This new record shattered the last seven years’ record of $312 million in 2013, $260 million in 2012, $197 million in 2011, $172 million in 2010, $116 million in 2009, $140 million in 2008, and $135 million in 2007.
Some examples of Cars sold during the 2014 Monterey auctions:
1) 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Coupe… sold for $38,115,000.00
2) 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale… sold for $26,400,000.00
3) 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder… sold for $15,180,000.00
4) 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Coupe… sold for $11,550,000.00
5) 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 Coupe… sold for $10,176,000.00
6) 1965 Ford GT40 Prototype… sold for $6,930,000.00
Yupp! The above figures are millions!!
Corvettes did not do well compared to the many multi-million dollar Ferraris but we did note that an ex-ProTeam 1968 Red/Red L88 produced $847,000.00 and a 1963 Z06 Tanker Coupe failed to sell at $1.1 million. Car collectors have realized that collector cars are the gold standard and are a tangible appreciating asset. Questions or comments, email [email protected]
It was an honor to be among the ten to enter Bloomington Gold's Great Hall in its final year. It was a humbling and exhilarating weekend. I enjoyed reconnecting with old friends and meeting new people. This hobby is full of some truly remarkable individuals who share the same passion for the Corvette.